With just 16 more days before the end of New York’s legislative session, we’re in a race against time to get the New York Solar Job Act across the finish line before state lawmakers go home for the year.
The good news is this campaign to make the Empire State a real solar powerhouse has been moving at a furious pace. As we count down those final days, here is a quick list of our Top 5 Solar Jobs Act highlights:
5. Reality TV’s sunniest bachelor shows that solar is New York’s perfect match. REC Solar’s Ryan Park takes a break from wooing this season’s bachelorette to support a solar powered New York. If state government was reality TV, the New York Solar Jobs Act would get our rose in a heartbeat.
4. Some of the biggest names in business say “yes” to NY solar. Wal-Mart, GE, Dow, and Staples join well over 100 other businesses, trade organizations, environmental groups, and public health advocates in submitting official memos of support for the bill.
3. Solar goes to Broadway. We gave the New York Solar Jobs Act its rightful place in the spotlight with a digital billboard in Times Square. To show lawmakers just how serious New Yorkers are about solar, we encouraged members to submit their own solar-friendly photos for a chance to see shine in Broadway’s bright lights.
2. There’s real momentum in Albany. The New York Solar Jobs Act successfully passed the energy committees in *both* the Senate and Assembly. All told, more than 65 lawmakers from upstate, downstate and both sides of the aisle have signed on as sponsors or co-sponsors.
And the number one development in this campaign … [drum roll]
1. New Yorkers like you all over the state take action to let their representative know … “It’s time to go solar.”
Your calls, letters and emails may seem like simple things, but tallied together they make all the difference. Especially in these precious final days of the legislative calendar. So speak up and make sure you let your elected officials know that you want them to pass the New York Solar Jobs Act today!