Vote Solar’s new and improved Project Permit is launching in June 2013! Bookmark www.projectpermit.org, and check back in June.
Solar Permitting Toolkit
Help streamline solar permitting in your town or city! If your municipality is charging excessive fees, or dragging out the permit issuance process, encourage city officials to institute solar permitting best practices. Just follow the six steps below.
1) Visit our permitting map. Check out our interactive solar permitting map to see if your city/county is a solar permit champion or is lagging behind. If it’s lagging behind, move on to step 2.
2) Download the following documents:
- sample support letter
- best practices guidelines
- sample best practices ordinance
- Solar ABC’s Expedited Permit Process
- sample solar permitting petition
3) Personalize the documents. Add a personal touch to the letter, and remember to add your mayor’s, councilmember’s or supervisor’s addresses.
4) Print out the packet. Print the personalized letter, the best practices guidelines and the sample ordinance. (If you can get your neighbors to sign the petition, print that out too!)
5) Send it in. Staple your letter to the other documents, and send to your municipal leaders.
6) Let us know you took action. Email Annie at email@example.com to let her know you took action so she can follow-up with your Mayor’s office.