Resources for Performance-Based Regulation of Connecticut Utilities
This resource library will be continually updated with additional resources to dive deep into performance-based regulation (PBR): what it is, how it works, and how PBR can move Connecticut forward to a resilient, equitable clean energy future.
PBR 101: Performance-Based Regulation: The Opportunity in Connecticut
Get an introductory overview of PBR in this webinar co-hosted by Acadia Center, Conservation Law Foundation, Save the Sound, and Vote Solar. And read more about the opportunity for PBR in Connecticut.
Learn More: PBR Resources
- RESPECT – Reforming Energy System Planning for Equity and Climate Transformation: This report by coalition partner Acadia Center outlines key reforms to utility planning processes to ensure that utility investments and decision-making are aligned with state goals to address climate pollution, further environmental justice, and lower consumer costs.
- Going Deep On Performance-Based Regulation: Resources on PBR from Energy Innovation.
- Performance-Based Regulation in a High Distributed Energy Resources Future: Report from Lawrence Berkely National Laboratory that discusses advantages and disadvantages of PBR from the perspective of utilities and customers. This report is part of a series: Future Electric Utility Regulation
- Performance-Based Regulation: Helping To Enable A Customer-Centric Future: Report by Navigant for the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners. NARUC is an association that includes the CT Public Utility Regulatory Authority.
- Next-Generation Performance-Based Regulation: Emphasizing Utility Performance to Unleash Power Sector Innovation: Report by a collaboration of the Regulatory Assistance Project and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
- Performance-Based Regulation: the Power of Outcomes Part 1 and Part 2: Webinars from the Regulatory Assistance Project.
- Performance-Based Regulation: Aligning Utility Incentives with Policy Objectives and Customer Benefits: Issue brief by Advanced Energy Economy that provides an overview of PBR.
- Alternative Regulatory Paradigms Offer Utility Investors A Degree of Certainty: Blog by S&P Global on the benefits to investors of PBR.
- Public Utilities Regulatory Authority 101 Webinar: Webinar with PURA Commissioner Michelle H. Seagull, where we’ll pull back the curtain on utility regulation and empower you with knowledge to engage. Join us live on January 18
Learnings From Other States and Countries
- Performance Based Regulation: Hawaii Public Utility Commission webpage dedicated to PBR. In the U.S., Hawaii is the furthest along in the development and implementation of PBR.
- Performance-Based Regulation: Getting Down to Business Model Reform in Colorado. Blog by Rocky Mountain Institute on the best way to proceed with PBR in Colorado. The processes considered in this blog are a helpful consideration for Connecticut.
- Performance-based regulation: Aligning incentives with clean energy outcomes: Report by the Regulatory Assistance Project on PBR in Europe